Monday, May 24

Mango and Mint Sorbet

Out of the many things I like and love about A one is his fondness of and encouragement to let me try out new recipes. It’s not infrequent to find him coaxing me to leave the regular sabzis aside and give him a grand treat with a recently read/seen/heard recipe. Since this is the only time of the year when we can really experiment with mangoes I tried and made lots of things for him. One of them happens to be the recipe I’m giving you. The original recipe is Sanjeev Kapoor’s. (I have a very slight change in mine)

Mango and Mint Sorbet

Ingredients: 

Alphonso mangoes- 2 no
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Mint leaves- 3-4 leaves
Ginger- Half inch long piece
Sugar – as per requirement.

Procedure:

1.Cut the mangoes into cubes and keep them in the freezer for about 2 hours.
2.Blend all the ingredients together in a blender. If needed add few ice cubes.
3.The sorbet is ready to be served and finished! :)




The sorbet is a mix of spicy, sour and sweet flavours and the taste stays with you hours after you've had it. I'd prepared it in advance and stored it in the fridge. If you like you can store it in the freezer.
A very simple recipe but is simply superb! Try it out! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails